Friday, August 13, 2010

Girls Basketball tornament

As we head down to ASB Stadium all the girls had goals for the day, mine was to beat Glen Taylor and Tamaki Intermediate. Others was to get player of the Day. As we excitingly watched other teams play we were nervous and talking about our game plan. I was very worried because the players looked like profesitonals, but Mrs Nua said to us don't worry we're going to do fine. When it was our turn to play I was really really nervous because this was my first time playing Basketball in my whole in tire life. We played against this school I forgot the name of the school. There was this girl and she sometimes feel by herself, I accidentally made her fall, I think she fell 6 times, I was very having fun, the referee kept on giving us fouls when we MADE that girl fall. Every game we improved on. Our next game was against Bailey Road one of our team mates sister was playing. Mrs Nua told us to aim for a person our own size. We lost against Bailey Road but it wasn't by much. The next team was Parnell the boys lost by lots of points but we only lost by 20. When all our games was all finished. I said to my team this is the last time I was ever going to play basketball. Then Mrs Nua said that a man that was referring our game wanted my details so I can trial out for Auckland I think.

1 comment:

  1. Yes it was a great day at the Stadium. I was so impressed with the way that you girls all improved so much throughout the day. I hope you change your mind about wanting to play again!
    And yes, the man who enquired about you was wanting you to trial for the Auckland Rep team next year. He obviously saw potential in you too Rachael.
    Mrs Nua

    ReplyDelete