Thursday, November 25, 2010

Athletics

Throw off. I was so nervous because I had to battle against Gabrielle for 2nd place. My shot put throw went further then Gabrielle’s throw, which meant that I came 2nd and Gabrielle came 3rd. It was very fortunate for me but unfortunate for my cousin Sela, who was in 3rd place but got knocked out because Gabrielle was now in 3rd place.

For you guys that don’t know what Athletics Day is, its an annual event that happens at our school on our school field. There are a bunch of event/activities like Shot-put, Discus, High Jump, Sprints and our newest event-Javelin. After high jump was sprints, then after sprints was discus. I hadn't come any place in discus in the previous Athletics Days, so I was determined to come a place in at least 1 event. I founbd out that if you go last, you've got a more successful chance of coming a place in something. Thats exactly what I did in discus and what do you know, I came 1st!! But again I knocked my cousin Sela out of 3rd place (again!)


At the end of it all, I was pretty proud of myself as I came 1st in Discus and 2nd in Shotput!! I also made it into the Eastern Zone Athletics which will be held next week on Wednesday at Lloyds Elsmore Park!! I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment